Wow, it is almost the start of June and there are 215 days left until the new year.
There is no way I can predict what will happen between now and then, any more than I could have anticipated what I have had to deal with so far in 2019 (the list includes bereavement, bureaucracy and building new relationships).
Having said that I have found the following 5 points to be important in achieving success with my goals even in tough times (I hope you find them useful too):
- Openness – being prepared to ask for help before being overcome by feelings of overwhelm.
- Sharing – letting others know what is happening and what it is teaching you.
- Listening – I have found paying close attention to what people are saying, beyond the words they are using, has been very helpful.
- Humour – this can be difficult, but finding the lighter side of a dark situation can help with keeping things in perspective.
- Forgiveness – we all make mistakes and no one is perfect. Getting hung up on the harm others have caused us reduces the time we can spend making a positive contribution to the world.
What are your top 5 success tools? Which one do you go to most often? Feel free to Like or Share if this post has struck a chord.