If you have survived another busy week (mine involved plenty of running around for other people) I’ve got to ask, how do you let go of the stress, relax and become a nice person to be around once again?
In fact I remember a few years ago asking a group of carers (busy people responsible for loved ones’ well being) what they did to unwind and I still think their approach makes sense. They recommended
- Nature – spending time outside, feeling the sun on my face shifts my mood.
- Music – listening to a favourite artist reminds me of good times.
- Laughing – enjoying a good comedy programme puts tough times into the background.
- Exercise – getting to the gym, playing sport, taking the stairs releases feel good chemicals into our system.
- Friends – catching up with people we care about activates our support system, which reminds us we are not alone.
I have followed 2 of these strategies consistently and they help. Which ones do you follow or do you have other suggestions to share?