According to recent research into artificial intelligence (AI)* by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in future there will be many jobs which will be destroyed, or at least done better, because machines have become smarter.
Emotional Not Artificial Intelligence
Luckily National Inclusion Week started today. That programme of developmental events highlights EI (Emotional Intelligence) rather than AI.
Therefore us human beings have a little more time to focus on the way we work with each other. Our goals can remain becoming more successful in delivering results and growing more skilled, innovative and service-focused at work.
Benefits of NIW2015
#NIW2015 highlights the business benefits on offer when people feel more valued, respected and listened to. Those factors help us challenge the status quo.
The benefits to organisations include:
- More successful results for customers, provided by staff whose values are respected
- Productive teams, where colleagues work well together towards shared goals
- High morale, as people are engaged on work which makes good use of their skills
4 Ways To Boost Inclusion And EI
- Ask staff what systems work well and which could be adjusted to create better results
- Ensure that each team member has a goal which contributes to organisational goals
- Prioritise personal development goals, which help staff grow more confident
- Make sure that equality and diversity good practice is carried out, so that staff can flourish
Have Your Say About Workplace Culture
What is the culture like where you work? Are you able to speak up and suggest change? If you are a leader, what will you do this week to make your workplace feel a bit more human? Use the Comment section to have your say.
Sharing This Discussion
Thanks for reading this post about National Inclusion Week. If you found it useful feel free to share it with a friend and Like it as well.
*Follow the link for information about Jobs That Artificial Intelligence Cannot Replace