Life is full of coincidences. Fresh from posting about the impact of workplace stress, caused by poor management, I read a really useful article* by Lucy Dimbylow – @lucywriter on Twitter.
Lucy is responding to the question posed by the half a million UK workers whose stress and anxiety levels are too high: What actions can I can take to manage my levels of work stress?
The key actions I took away from Lucy’s article are:
- Taking regular Exercise reduces stress
- Following a healthy Diet aids positive mental health
- Taking the Rest periods you are entitled to is beneficial
- Making time to have Fun with family is important
- Adopting a positive approach to Mindfulness helps you manage the aspects of pressure you can change
- Seeking Support from those in a position to affect workloads, and job objectives, also helps
Having read that list here’s a final question for you:
- What key action will you take, this week, to more effectively manage your workplace stress?
*The article appears in the spring edition of Benenden Healthcare Society’s subscription-only magazine ‘benhealth’. Information on the society’s work can be found online at www.benenden.co.uk