The key points are these, he:
– seems keen to get off the work ‘treadmill’ and out of the gilded cage of a well-paid, but all consuming, job.
– is also clued in about the employment situation he wants for the future.
– values interesting work (with adequate downtime to maintain a social life & his personal relationship).
– has a job currently at right angles to his values.
It would be great to coach him, as he does some action planning. He may want to decide when he wants his values to complement the other elements in his life.
Once those timings are clear he can get the support he needs to plan his steps to reach his destination. The actions he takes from now on will help him reach his ideal situation, at a pace with which he is comfortable.
- Overworked and undercontributing? (psychologytoday.com)