Are you getting connected with the no-cost and low-cost events in the UK during Global Entrepreneurship Week ?
Hopefully your goal is to sample some of the Networking Sessions; Webinars and Presentations scheduled from now until 23 November. You will definitely be able to hear some inspiring ideas from some talented speakers in the next few days.
Any one of those learning opportunities might be the right one to give you clarity. They will help you see past the fog of options that you might pursue and focus on your next development goal.
What’s The Secret To Confident Public Speaking?
Have you ever wondered how some speakers seem to effortlessly get their points across?
Whether you are in the UK, US, the EU, or further afield I think the speakers you listen to will have 3 points in mind as they clear their throats and start speaking. They will be mindful of the need to:
- Focus on meeting the information needs of you, the audience member
- Present their message in a simple and straight forward way
- Give you a summary and a call to action before they finish speaking
How Do These 3 Strategies Help Speakers Get Their Message Across?
- Addressing the audience on their terms means the content is relevant and accessible, rather than too academic
- Simplicity means you are more likely to remember the key message or stat the speaker referenced
- Summarising the content underlines its importance and signals that there is more information on the key topic than the presentation could contain
These 3 strategies also naturally lead you and the rest of the audience to read an article online, subscribe to a Newsletter, or book onto a follow-up session if that is the final point the speaker mentions.
How Will You Share The Information You Gain During #GEW ?
Feel free to comment below – or on Twitter @RogerD_Said – on the learning you have undertaken and how you will apply inside or outside work. I’ll be sharing my GEW takeaways here and across social media during the week. Why not join the conversation?